Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snow on My Doorstep, Easter in My Heart

{Sigh} That darn weather forecaster was right again. Snow - AGAIN. This was the view outside my door this morning. You can't tell in the photo, but it was still snowing steadily. We got about 8 inches of snow before it ended.


I have been a very busy bunny, spring cleaning and getting ready for Easter so I decided to reward myself with a little crafting time. I've been dying to do make a card with the cute new Bluebell from DigiStamp Boutique. I've also been anxious to try out this washi tape that I recently bought from Pick Your Plum. When Designed to Color posted this week's one layer Sunday Showcase challenge on their Facebook page, I knew it would be a perfect time to break out the washi tape.


Supplies: Bluebell and Easter sentiment (DigiStamp Boutiqe), 
washi tape (Pick Your Plum),  flower (Prima), 
brad (Paper Studio), Copic markers.

I wanted to make some holiday decorations, so I made this sign with Bluebell. (That's the great thing about digital stamps - you can make them as small or as large as you want.) I printed one copy each on white and kraft paper. Next, I used my the picture cropping tool in Word to cut and print out another copy of his lower half on white (so I would have an extra butterfly, flower and egg without reprinting the entire image) and cropped it again to just print out the section with his paws on kraft paper. I used ink and a homemade cloud template to create the sky background. Then I colored everything, using chalk and colored pencil to add color to Bluebell and Copics for the rest.  The last step was to cut out all the images/parts and assemble everything, layering the egg and extra paws on top of Bluebell and then gluing Bluebell and the flowers to the background.


Here's a close up. As you can see, I curled the butterfly and daffodil layers to add some dimension. I also added some Glossy Accents to his nose, the bow and the center of the daffodil, although it doesn't show up in the photo.


Isn't he cute? I'm entering Bluebell in the following challenges:
Love to Create - Anything Goes
Celebrate the Occasion - Happy Easter!
Cute Card Thursday - Easter Parade

Hop on over to DigiStamp Boutique to see lots of other adorable Easter images!
Lisa

9 comments:

Danni said...

Super, super cute!! Love this!

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean, winter is not going to go anywhere here, either. I really like your card and I like that you kept it CAS, so we can see this lovely colored image. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx
P.S. I've got blogaversary candy on my blog, all you need to do is enter. I invite warmly.

Kim said...

what a gorgeous easter bunny! hope you're keeping warm!
Kim x

Adrian said...

Cute! Thanks for playing with us @ CTO!

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

These are super cute Lisa and I love how you used that tape...it works so well!
Beautifulcards.
Hugs
Chris x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

So sweet, I love how your image is the main focus on your adorable card! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Easter" Challenge :)

heidy said...

Such a cute Easter card!!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Stunning Lisa....gorgeous happy colours :o)

Leslie Germain said...

Love what you did with the Washi tape on that card. I am excited Ifound you on Sister Act Card. I am your newest follower via GFC. Stop by and say hi.
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com