Monday, January 30, 2012

SFYTT

Whew! I finished my card in time to participate in this month's SFYTT (Sketch for You to Try) and the Inspiration Photo challenge on the Dancing in Pajamas blog. I have to admit, I really struggled with this sketch.

I adapted the color scheme (red/white/kraft/dark brown) and hearts from the TCP Inspiration Photo:


Colour Q's current color challenge is a very similar one, so I'm entering my card into their challenge as well. (Thanks for the tip, Noelle!)


Here's my card after several re-designs:


Here's a closeup of cute little Angel Yappy:


I popped him up with pop dots, added some glitter to his wings and pink to his nose. I popped up the heart accents with just some foam tape, so they are not as puffed out as Yappy, giving him center stage. :)

And speaking of dogs, I got great news today - my foster dog, Tinkerbelle, got adopted over the weekend. Yay!
Lisa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww! I LOVE little angel Yappy! Or maybe he's a cupid Yappy! This is a fabulous card, I really love the way you've used the colors. :) Thanks for popping by my blog.

Unknown said...

obtw, Lisa, this would also work for the blog I am on DT at; the ColourQ. You should link up! :) http://colourq.blogspot.com/

Sylvia said...

This is so cute, Lisa, clever design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Kara said...

so cute! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Awesome card, Lisa! That little image cracks me up! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ!!!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is sweet! A great take on the colors! Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cute card, great job with the sketch too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun card! Love the embossed banner.