Sunday, January 22, 2012

Color UN-favorites

This week's Tiddly Inks challenge was to use green, yellow, orange and blue in your project. I immediately remembered this scrap of Scenic Paper I'd bought years ago. I bought the only sheet of this paper and I have been hoarding leftover bits of it (reverently) for years. Don't ask me why. I hate green AND I hate orange. So, how could I love this paper so much? A true sign of a very serious paper addiction. :)


Coincidentally this week's iCopic challenge was to use your "unloved colors". Well guess what? Orange and green qualify for me! I did, however, get to use one of my very LOVED Tiddly Inks images, Wryn. She is just the cutest!

Since the paper was rather, um, busy (to put it mildly!) I kept my embellishments to a minimum. Just a few Prima flowers with brads, a sprig of a Martha Stewart leaf punch and an old TAC sentiment stamp cut out with a Nestabilities die.

Hope you found some time this weekend to get crafty!
Lisa

13 comments:

ccroll said...

Really lovely coloring, Lisa, and the paper is perfect for this challenge. :)

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Lisa, so colourful and pretty papers
Clairexx

Loopylou. said...

Hiyah Lisa!!
I absolutely love this card! its so cute. Hun did you know that it was you that won my blog hop image prize?!
Thank you for popping in on the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou xxx

Anne said...

awwwwwwwwwwww cute as a button Lisa, love those papers too
Anne x

Jen Shults said...

Wow! this is so so cute! I love the papers you chose and Wryn looks GREAT! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks Challenge!

Joey said...

Lisa this is lovely, gorgeous colourwork, thanks for joining us at tiddlyinks. Joey x

thescrapmaster said...

Eventhough the colors aren't your fave, you did a GREAT job with them! Thanks for playing along at iCopic. I hope to see you back for our new challenge this week.
Hugs,
Sami
www.thescrapmaster.com

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH I love this Tiddly creation! Gorgeous papers and colors if you ask me! Love it! Thanks for joining our challenge at Tiddly Inks!
hugs,
M

Amanda R said...

Well I can see why you held onto that paper so long, it is so bright and cheery! Great job on your coloring and so glad you joined us this week at Tiddly Inks!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Great bright colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

I agree, Orange is hard to use. Love what you did though. Wonderful layout.

Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inks challenge - good luck!

Larissa said...

Gorgeous very sunny card! Great design papers, so perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Cheryl Valadez said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Tiddly Inks! Hugz, Cheryl