Thursday, December 22, 2011

I Made a Card!!

OK, most of the time that is not big news. But lately - ? Eeek! I haven't made a card since the last Totally Papercrafts challenge. (BTW, are you playing along? You have until the end of the month to join in while the rest of the DT and I take a little break for the holidays.)

I've been a big fan of Torico ever since I discovered her work at There She Goes stamps. Torico also has a little Etsy shop where she sells some of her work in digital form. My oldest daughter needed a birthday card tonight so I whipped out this new image that I just bought. I love dogs so I just couldn't resist! And I used my brand new Lime Twist 6X6 pad that I bought the last time I was at Archivers. I really think great paper just makes so much difference in your cards! (The colors are a bit off. I had to take this in my bathroom - sadly the room in  my house with the best lighting - and then try to adjust for the artificial light with Photoshop.)


The layout is borrowed right from Torico's sample card in her Etsy shop. Embellishments are a computer generated sentiment and a ribbon scrap. (Did you notice the word "celebrate" on the ribbon?) I colored in the image with Prismacolor pencils and OMS.

Now that I'm off until the New Year, I hope to be back soon with another card!
Lisa

1 comment:

Naomi said...

WOW, this is absolutely FABULOUS! LOVE the DP, the colours, the fun image and your wonderful colouring!

Happy Holidays,
Naomi