Monday, October 31, 2011

One Krafty Card

I was so excited when Kimmie decided to celebrate KK's 2nd birthday with the chance to be a Krafty Girl! Even one day earning a spot as a guest designer would put me over the moon! Deciding to play along with the challenge was the easy part. Choosing my favorite KK stamp was the hard part! Which to choose? The graceful Bird Fairy?  The swimmingly beautiful Arianna? Wild and wacky Charlotte? Beach beauty Eleanor? Too many favorites – only one contest! So, I had to go with my heart and pick my sentimental favorite - Eleanor. Eleanor has always made me think of my Nana, Evelyn.

I created this card using the current Kraftin Kimmie challenge – Monochromatic. Like Kimmie herself, I did sneak a little blue into my card. While creating my card, I stumbled across these beautiful Madeline papers from Prima that I had purchased a while ago. They were perfect for the vintage look I was going for and nicely accented the flowers in Eleanor's swim cap.
The coloring on this card is, admittedly, quite different from my usual style. I was inspired by this Faux Charcoal tutorial from the Deconstructing Jen site. It made me think of this photo of my grandparents when they were young:
 (I joke that my grandfather had better legs than my grandmother, lol!)
 Whether I make the KK team or not, I had a lot of fun making this card. :)
Lisa

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Great card for a great memory!

Naomi said...

This is GORGEOUS, Lisa! I love the DP, and the stamping/colouring on kraft! Thanks for the sweet comment on my card at SCS...I'm your newest follower!

Hugs,
Naomi