Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Good-Bye!

This will be a bittersweet Sweet Sketch Wednesday for me! After being part of Arlana's wonderful SSW team for almost a year, I'm stepping down to pursue other crafting adventures. This will be my final posting as part of the SSW team, although I plan on stopping by and participating in their sketch challenges from time to time. Good-bye to Arlana and the rest of the SSW team. They are all very sweet ladies, indeed!

Now, on to this week's card! Our SSW sponsor this week is Shirley's 2 Girls. First up, the sketch:



For my card, I used the fun "Gracie".


I don't know why, but I pictured Gracie as a redhead, right from the start. She was a little too young to be a Red Hatter, so I made her into a Pink Hatter (a younger member of the Red Hatter club). She was a lot of fun to work with!

OK, you've seen the sketch and my sample card. Now, head on over to the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog to check out the rest of the design team's cards. Play along with us and you have a chance at winning a great prize from Shirley's 2 Girls!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww. I'll miss seeing your DT cards every week! I wish you luck with your other adventures!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

We will miss you Lisa! I love your card - you are right, she does seem like a redhead hey? Just an adorable card for you last project. Good luck on your other adventures!

Deanne :)

mulberry station said...

I love this image and you have done a wonderful job coloring her up. It is one of my favorites. I want to wish you the very best with your new adventures. Stop by and see us. You will really be missed!

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh my, this is such a sweet card. I love the red hair! Good luck with your other adventures.

Barb said...

She is so cute, and colored wonderfully! Good luck in all your future adventures :)

Simple and Sweet said...

What a darling card. I love the colors that you used! She definitely needs to be a red head! :-) Erika

Genevieve said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! Good luck & Best wishes on your new adventures :)

Genevieve

Kathie said...

Hi Lisa,
Just love your card and your colours it's so so cute. Wishing you all the very best for your next projects and thanks once again for all those lovely comments you have left me in the past now it's my turn to leave them for everyone.
Hugs always
Kathie
xox

Arlana 11426 said...

Lisa, ahh you will truley be missed. I loved all your fablous designs. This card is no exception. I love the pinks reds and purples. Good luck at your new adventure. Have a berry sweet week!!!

Do What You Love said...

What a fabulous card, Lisa! Good luck with your new crafting adventures! :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Oh Lisa, Your Gracie is adorable too! I love the Red, Purple and Pink! I agree, she is a little young to join the red hat club! So the pink was perfectly calming for her! Lisa, I will really miss you and your creations. But it will be fun to still check you out and see what you are up too. I hope you will forgive me this week....I think I was overworked! I did feel like an airhead on Tuesday....I was so tired of looking at the computer! Thanks so much for all your support to SSW! You will be missed!

JR Creations said...

Awh Lisa, great card and fab image. Love how you've coloured her. I'll miss you on the DT but i'll still always pop by for a goo and a comment! :-D