Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Three challenges

I don't combine challenges very often, but I've been visiting my friend Diana's blog and was inspired. (Diana is the QUEEN of challenge combination!) I actually managed to make one card for three challenges!


My card features the adorable Matthew from Whiff of Joy stamps. The Whiff of Joy challenge for this week was to use distressing techniques on your card. I used my Heidi Swapp distressing tool on the edges of my image, then inked the edges with Palette Burnt Umber ink. I also used the same ink to sponge the edges of the paper strips near the bottom of the card.

For my layout, I used this week's sketch from the Sketchy Saturday blog. The color inspiration is from this color challenge on K Werner's blog. My printed paper is from the "Fresh Linens" collection from Front Porch. Matthew was colored in with Copic markers.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Lovely card :)

Jessica Rosario

Danni said...

What a wonderful card! Your coloring is awesome!

Sandra said...

Very sweet. Love the colours you have chosen for this card.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Lori said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the soft colors.

Savitri said...

Wow, this is one heck of a great great great coloring job!!! Love the stamped image. Cute card!

Anonymous said...

Awesome stamping on this card!

mia.t said...

Such a lovely card!
Hugs Mia

Anonymous said...

love the stamp set you used just too cute!

Winter said...

Cute card! I have some the patterned paper you used, and I used some of it on my card this week! :)